Re: Re: Re: Silver plating......a Mel Culbertson 6/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dennis Hale on November 28, 2001 at 12:00:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Silver plating......a Mel Culbertson 6/4 posted by Daryl Hickman on November 28, 2001 at 10:15:06:

The dents are in the bow it will have to come off. These dents are not hurting the way this horn plays it is just cosmetic only. The gold lacquer could be matched fairly well but not perfectly. I have had lacquer work done before that doesn't stand the test of time with the original finish being superior to it. If I get the horn fixed and it stays gold lacquer I will save the money and spot it. But insurance (shelter insurance) was to pay for an original finish. The reason for this claim is because I changed house insurance and then Shelter insurance sent notice that they had to drop my tuba insurance because they have to have a home owners policy with it. This insurance is like what you get for jewlery or a $25000 flat screen TV were your home owners policy does not have enough coverage to insure these items in the event of a loss. So the new insurance said they would not cover previous damage and I would need to report a claim with the old insurance co. (get the money now or never) so I did.

So, now with this money....what about putting a little more with it and getting the silver. What do you think?

Follow Ups: