Mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck on September 21, 1999 at 14:48:36:

I would like to join the fray in the heavy weight vs. regular mouthoiece discussion I have seen crop up from time to time. I play on, and have for about 12 years, a Bach 24AW. Love the sound and feeling on my chops. I recently bought a Megatone version. While it centers the sound better, it seems like the response time is cut down alittle. I have seen from the discussions that not evryone cares for the Bach heavies, but as this is my mouthpiece, I will have to wait for a better version. has anyone else experienced similar results with their heavies? I would be interested to hear some feed back. I do like the sound and plan to stick it out for a while. As a point of departure, back in the late 70's early 80's, I went to the Brevard Music Center and studied with the highly unsung Jamie haffner(great player and wonderfully funny guy). All the rage that summer was Skeletonized mouthpieces. What a difference 20 years makes. Any opinions on skeletonized MP's would be appreciated. I seem to be rambling, but this really does interest me. Need to get out more, I guess. Cheers.

Follow Ups: