A Question for the College Students

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Troubled on September 19, 2003 at 20:04:11:

Does anyone have the same situation going on? I go to a school, that will remain unnamed, where the Music Education majors who are supposed to care about not only getting better on their instrument and learning new things, but learning and wanting to be there. I would say that a majority don't care about learning new things and they sure as hell don't care about getting better on their instrument. The bands are really bad because people don't care and they just look at the watch or clock and as soon as band is done they are the first ones rushing to put up their stands and instruments and not to mention that they are the last ones to get there to warm up and be on time. One set of faculty doesn't care anymore and it shows in the studios (except for a select few), while another set of studios have guest artists up the wazoo and the students are pretty good if not great. The bands suck because I would say about 80% of the students or more don't even practice their instruments until juries come, and don't care that they aren't playing parts precise and that they sound really really bad. Does anyone else experience this frustration with their schools? I feel like I'm almost the only one that cares even though I'm not. The school is riding on a reputation and the quality is getting worse. Thanks for reading my rant.

Troubled college student

Follow Ups: