Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cast Member on May 24, 2001 at 10:43:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out posted by Matt G on May 24, 2001 at 08:48:30:

Hello Everyone,

The opportunity you are talking about with the payment of monies to a group for their performance is not the norm. Usually that is given to groups so that they may be a part of a specific show, or fill in show times that would otherwise be dark.
The division of the company that offers the opportunity to perform tries to keep the cost down as much as possible. We offer them a very discounted ticket price. This ticket covers the price of not only their entry in to the park for however many days, but also the cost of the show.
You might think that isn't very much, however, if you figure in the cost of the rental of the stage, the salaries of the technicians, the salary of the host from the company, the upkeep of equipment, and the salaries of the administrative people who keep the department running, the cost passed on to the groups just isn't that much. The money used to pay for their trip are usually paid by fund raising and is not an out of pocket expense for the kids. That process gives the kids a sense of accomplishment.
I remember coming to Walt Disney World when I was a kid with my band, and it was a great experience. Not only was it fantastic because of the performance opportunity, but it gave me an opportunity to go to Walt Disney World. I wouldn't have had that opportunity otherwise. I remember fundraising when I was in high school... Selling cookies, holding car wash sales for contributions. That was great. Also, the trip itself was great fun for us as kids. It is one of my favorite high school memories.

"One that helps kids perform for the world..."

Follow Ups: