Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on May 06, 2003 at 15:03:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our business posted by Hey... on May 06, 2003 at 14:29:19:

No, no, I'm talking about working on my OWN lawn! You think I'm some sell-out, gone-commercial type?!? Not me. I want subsidies for doing my kind of lawn, because without subsidies my lawn could wither and die! So what if the people subsidizing my lawn don't care about it; they are benighted heathens, whose opinions don't count because they aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate the significance of my lawn. Some of them even want to spend their money on -ugh- their OWN lawns! I guess that's okay if they have any money left after I take enough to support my lawn. And I DO have to be subsidized. Have you seen what lawn mowers cost? Not to mention blades, weed-whacker string, gas, .... Besides, it's really HARD, and I've spent years getting really good at it. My whole community benefits from higher property values because my lawn is well groomed. I deserve a living wage for this!

Of course, after getting subsidies for DOING my lawn, I also want to charge people for the privelege of driving by and admiring my lawn. Maybe only a few people will come to see it, but it'll be expensive. And I'm not giving that money back to the folks who subsidized my yard, either; I'm keeping it! Of course, some folks (grrr) would be willing to just stand back and watch my lawn die! They are SO wicked!

For anyone who is outraged at this analogy, consider that you wouldn't see an analogy if the situation weren't analogous.

Joe Baker, who is a tireless adversary of government subsidized culture.

Follow Ups: