Re: Yamaha is making a marching Euph

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on September 21, 2003 at 21:43:38:

In Reply to: Yamaha is making a marching Euph posted by Peter on September 21, 2003 at 21:06:22:

' seems to me the Dynasty marchin' euph has an 11" bell...and is a Weril-made copy of the Willson 2900 euphonium bell taper.

All of these marching euphoniums are too heavy. Shorter length obviously didn't solve the problem. Regardless of the length, all the weight is all out in front anyway.

It's good to hear that Yamaha making stuff sturdier. I noticed the Yamaha beginner trumpet is now much sturdier...new higher price for the Yamaha beginner trumpet (model 2335 vs. old model 2320) is way over $400 from discount houses, however.

Also - coming up sometime within a year or so - Dynasty (Weril) will be coming out with their (reasonably-priced) alternative to the Yamaha (marching) YBB-201M. Since Weril already makes a carbon-copy of the YBB-321 "concert" tuba, Weril is already making 97% of the parts necessary to fabricate their own Dynasty marching version. The implications of this are: If someone wants "all Dynasty" stuff, they won't have to shell out $$,$$$ for the Willson-made contras(ummm...I mean BBb marching TUBAS).

Follow Ups: